All GP practices are contracted to provide “essential services”, that is, basic treatment of ill people.
We also provide the following “additional services”
- Child Health Surveillance (routine check-ups) together with the Health Visiting team
- Routine Childhood Immunisations together with the Health Visiting team.
- Maternity services in the ante-natal period and post-natal period are provided by the midwives from the Rankin Unit, lnverclyde Royal Hospital.
- An Adult Travel Vaccination service is available. Please note that not all travel immunisations are available on the NHS, please ask at the desk to arrange a Practice Nurse appointment.
- Dr Mitchell runs a Gynecology clinic on a Wednesday afternoon or a Friday morning alternating weekly by appointment only.
- Cervical smears are usually done with our practice Nurse, appointments made at reception.
The surgery hold contracts with GGCHB for the following “enhanced services”
- An annual flu and pneumococcal immunisation programme to protect the elderly and at risk patients.
- Annual comprehensive reviews for patients with heart disease, diabetes , COPD, asthma, chronic kidney disease, stroke and hypertension.
For any further information please do not hesitate to ask.